Quality lawn turf laying in Bexley. New lawns, re-turfing, turfing services DA5
We create stunning lawns from turf in Bexley and the surrounding areas. With a reputation as one of the highest quality turf laying companies in Kent, our team of turfing experts take huge pride in every job and strive to give you a lawn you can be proud of.
The soil in Bexley varies from fertile, to stony clay. We have been laying new lawns in Bexley for over 17 years, giving us the experience to provide a bespoke turfing installation for your garden.
Do you need a new lawn in Kent?
If you currently have no grass, or your lawn is uneven, bumpy, bare or struggling, turfing will give you an almost instant stunning lawn.
By starting from scratch, we can address underlying issues such as poor soil structure and lack of drainage. This approach allows us to incorporate soil improvers and level or smooth the surface, giving your new lawn the best start.
Your new lawn will look amazing straight away, and can be used as normal in as little as 2-3 weeks.
How do you lay turf?
As a specialist turfing company covering Bexley, we pay particular attention to thorough preparation of the ground prior to laying the turf.
Typically, on a straight forward lawn re-turf, we will use the following procedure:
- If your existing lawn is extremely weedy, we will apply a non-selective herbicide to kill off all the vegetation on your lawn during our initial visit.
- We will strip the surface vegetation from your lawn.
- The soil is then heavily aerated or tilled with a stone-burier or power rake if changing soil structure.
- New premium blended topsoil or soil improvers are added.
- Your lawn is then graded to required levels and firmed without over-compacting.
- Pre-turf fertiliser is applied and the surface is raked to a fine tilth.
- High quality, cultivated lawn turf is carefully laid and pressed into the surface for good root to soil contact, enabling a fast establishment of your new lawn.
How much does turfing cost?
We pride ourselves on providing our high quality turf laying service in Bexley at a very competitive price.
Our charges for creating a stunning, professionally installed lawn are around the same a general builder or landscaper will charge, but you will receive a far higher level of preparation, quality and expertise from us.
We try to win our business on quality rather than being the cheapest, and we are still very far from being the dearest turfing company.
Please complete our FREE online estimate form to receive an initial guide price.
You’ll probably be surprised at how cost effective hiring a professional turf laying company can be.
Owning all our own high quality equipment and machinery, along with our buying power for turf and topsoil, enables us to provide a very competitive rate.
Please note that we require straight, clear external access of at least 80cm wide with less than 3 steps from road to lawns to provide our services. All debris resulting from our works will either be loaded into a skip or compost bin if provided on site, or left neatly bagged for your disposal.
I'm interested in having my lawn turfed, what do I do next?
- Measure the area of lawn that needs turfing.
- Fill in our FREE online estimate form or call us on 01622 535767 for a free, no obligation estimate.
- If you are happy with our estimate, we will either visit your garden if required, or book in a convenient start date.
- Once everything is agreed we will email you our Contract, and once agreed and initial payment has been received by us, we will reserve your start date and order materials.
- Our professional turf layers will arrive on the agreed start date (subject to weather) and install your dream lawn.
- You can sit back and admire your stunning transformed lawn.
Looking after your newly turfed lawn:
It is vitally important that your newly turfed lawn is watered regularly until established. This is normally daily for the first 2-3 weeks, then a couple of heavy waterings weekly as needed.
The water needs to soak through the turf, and into the top 50-75mm of topsoil with each watering. You can lift a corner of the turf to gauge this, then firm it back down.
A fairly good guide in most situations is to put a car cup on the lawn during watering. When the water level fills the cup to around 12-15mm, that area should have received enough water. If gaps appear between the turfs, they start going grey/ silver, or browning, then it hasn’t received enough water.
It is important to keep off the lawn as much as possible for the first couple of weeks, the watering will make the ground below the lawn quite soft and vulnerable to footprints.
Mowing can be undertaken once the turf is well rooted and you can’t lift any corners. This is usually after around 2-3 weeks. You should just take the very top of the grass off during the first mow, then gradually reduce cutting heights with each mow. The key is to not remove more than 1/3rd of the grass blade height in any one mow.
The eventual height of the grass should be 25-30m, depending on grass species and season.
We can also provide ongoing lawn care programmes to help keep your new lawn looking great.
Why choose us?
- Local, non-franchised, family run business
- Access to a far wider range of treatments as we are not tied to a franchise
- Bespoke lawn care tailored to the needs of YOUR lawn
- Experienced, trained lawn-care technicians qualified to minimum of NPTC PA1 & PA6
- Fully insured for the work we undertake
- We only use professional grade equipment and quality materials, many of our treatments are only available to licensed professionals
- We love lawns and are passionate about giving our clients lawns they can be proud of
Areas covered for lawn turf laying:
DA1, Crayford, Dartford
DA2, Bean, Darenth, Hawley, Joyden’s Wood, Wilmington
DA3, Fawkham, Hartley, Longfield, New Ash Green, New Barn
DA4, Farningham, Eynsford, Horton Kirby, Sutton-at-Hone
DA7, Bexleyheath, Barnehurst
DA9, Greenhithe, Stone
DA10, Swanscombe, Ebbsfleet
DA11, Gravesend, Northfleet
DA12, Gravesend, Chalk, Shorne, Cobham
DA13, Istead Rise, Meopham, Sole, Southfleet, Vigo
DA14, Albany Park, Sidcup, Foots Cray, North Cray, Ruxley
DA15, Avery Hill, Blackfen, Sidcup
DA16, Falconwood, Welling
ME2, Cuxton, Halling, Strood
ME14, ME15, Bearsted, Detling, Grove Green, Maidstone, Penenden Heath, Weavering
ME16, Allington, Barming
ME17, Boughton Monchelsea, Chart, Coxheath, Hollingbourne, Hucking, Harrietsham, Lenham, Linton
ME18, Mereworth, Teston
ME19, Birling, East Malling, Kings Hill, West Malling
ME20, Aylesford, Larkfield